About Me

I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and former school-based therapist - turned full time mama. I thrive on helping others improve their lives! This blog includes information about products that I've found helpful on my journey as a mama from from personal experience and trial and error. My hope is that it's helpful to you!

Friday, August 2, 2019

Connecting With School Staff

As I've previously mentioned, I'm a school-based therapist. This means I work for a non-profit that partners with schools, and I provide mental health services to students on-campus (I also do home visits, work with families, and collaborate with school staff).

I work at 3 different schools and I often have a full caseload, so interacting with school staff can be limited at times.

Still, I want to make my presence known, make teachers and staff aware of our services on their campus, and make connections with staff. Also, I often have to ask office staff for help with printing schedules, locating students, parents, etc, so I want to make a good impression and keep up a good working relationship with them. ;)

Last year, I bought vases that I glued pencils around, filled them with flowers, and gave them to the office staff and the school counselors at each of my schools with a little note that said, "I'm looking forward to working together to help our students BLOOM this year!" I included my name and the agency I am from.

I got the idea from Pinterest and copied the idea from this photo:
Image courtesy here



This year, I wanted to do something again, but I realized that a lot of people know my name on campus, but they don't know who I am. So this year, in order to put a face to my name, I created this: